Did you like that? Why not try these?
- The English We Speak: It's on the cards
Myanmar’s ousted civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been sentenced to four years in prison.
A spokesman for the ruling military junta said she'd been found guilty of inciting unrest and violating Covid restrictions during last year's election campaign.
Key words and phrases
declares punishment for someone found guilty
- The man was sentenced to nine years in prison for the murder.
- The official received a sentence of three years for their part in the corruption case.
expelled from a place or position
- The leader was ousted from power after the financial scandal.
- The police decided to oust the demonstrators from the main square after protests turned violent.
action of provoking unlawful activities
- The incitement of violence in the capital has been blamed on the rebel group.
- The court found the man guilty of inciting hate speech.
Try our quiz to see how well you've learned today's language.
Source : https://www.bbc.com/learningenglish/punjabi/course/newsreview/unit-20/session-223302